Active Ingredient: 20% ICARIDIN - Deet Free
PiActive Mosquito Shield Insect Repellent - For Kids 6 Months or Older
- PiActive Insect Repellent is Canada’s first and longest lasting 12-HOUR insect repellent, a revolutionary game changer in repellents for mosquitoes, ticks and black flies.
- A nice alternative to DEET-based repellents, the formula contains 20% Icaridin, making it a good choice for children from 6 months to 12 years.
- Active ingredient is Icaridin 20%, with 0% DEET.
- Non oily, greasy, or sticky.
- Will not damage fishing lines, plastic or other synthetic materials.
- Non-irritating to the skin
- Provides long lasting protection;
- 12 hrs of protection against mosquitoes and ticks.
- 10 hrs of protection against black flies.
Icaridin: This is a new repellent that entered the U.S. market in 2005
Studies have found Icaridin can work as well as DEET, offering several hours of bug protection. But unlike DEET, Icaridin is odourless and much less likely to cause skin irritation and sudden reactions, such as nausea. It also isn’t greasy and does not ruin plastics or synthetic fabrics the way DEET can.
The repellent is so effective, the World Health Organization recommends Icaridin, alongside DEET, as one of the best choices for preventing mosquito bites that can lead to disease.
In Canada, there are still only a few products that contain Icaridin.